Thank you for playing our game and taking an interest in privacy! This is our privacy notice. It sets out how Serene handles your personal data. If you download/play our games, you agree to this privacy statement
Kids: Remember to be smart and safe online! Never give someone your information without first asking your parent/guardian if it is OK. Don't give anyone your photo, or tell anyone your name, email, home address, telephone, your school or any other information about you that they could use to contact you either online or in the real world.
If you want to enter one of our competitions, make sure you ask permission from your parent/guardian before you enter.
1. What Information Do We Collect?
1.1 Information You Give Us
We receive and store any information you give to us such as when you:
- download, update and play our games;
- sign in through Facebook
- sign in through Google Play
1.2 Information Collected Automatically
We receive and store certain types of information automatically when you interact with us such as:
- when you sign-in to our games with Facebook, Game Center or other platform providers, we gather from that provider your basic profile information such as name, age-range;
- your general location location (ie. city/country) based on your IP Address, so we know what language to use and so that we can provide Services that are applicable to your location; and
1.3 Information From Third Parties
Sometimes we collect information about you from third parties, We collect this information so that we can deliver Services you have requested. We collect this information:
- if you log into our Services through a social media account (such as Facebook) we will collect your basic profile information such as your name, current profile picture
- age-range, and your friend list, this lets you interact with your friends who are also using our Services; and when you use in-app features such as Game Center we will collect information such as your user name and your gameplay information.
2. How Do We Use Your Information?
How we use your personal data
So you can play our games
Enjoyable games are a complex business. We work with vendors and partners who give us the technical abilities that let you play and enjoy our games, and to run the business that supports those games.
- For product support, development and improvement
We use personal data to provide customer support, to improve our games, and to develop new games. We use personal data for playtesting as well as customer and market insight.
To provide advertisements to you
We use personal data to provide advertisements to you, both in our games and via related platforms. Sometimes we use personal data to deliver ads based on your interests.
To market our products to you
We use personal data to market our games to you such as by email, social media, push-notifications and other methods.
To perform our own analytics
We perform analytics on personal data we hold for business analysis and operations, business intelligence, product development and improvement, personalizing content, providing advertising, and making recommendations.
- We may combine information about you that we have collected from multiple sources
When we share your personal data
To deliver advertising to you
We share your advertising ID with our advertising partners. We may also share demographic information about you, and your likes and interests, to allow our partners to provide more relevant advertising to you.
To better understand our customers
We may share your personal data with our analytics & attribution partners. This allows us to better understand our customer base and improve product development and revenues. Our analytics & attribution partners may combine the personal data we provide to them with information about you from other companies, to create richer more meaningful data sets.
To help us run our business
We provide your personal data to partners who assist us run our business, such as hosting providers, platforms, and payment processors. We also work with certain partners, such as other game developers and advertising partners, and information collected from you may be shared through these partnerships.
When you access social media when playing our games
2.1 When Do We Disclose Information
We may disclose the personal information we hold about you in the following circumstances:
- if we are required or authorized to disclose by law or by a law enforcement agency;
- to our business partners in the course of providing our Services to you, or generally in the conduct of our business. This may include organizations who provide services to us, such as advertising, payment processors or hosting services.
- to avoid, lessen or prevent a serious emergency or crime. If we use or disclose personal information about you in those circumstances we will make a written record of such use or disclosure.
2.2 Childrens' Privacy
Child Safe Apps
If your Serene Game is labelled a Child Safe App, it was built with child safety as a priority. Our Child Safe Apps have no advertising, no data collection, no in-app purchases and no links to external sites or apps.
2.3 Third Party Services
We encourage you to be careful about the protection of your own personal information when using third party services such as social media platforms.
2.4 Storage, Security & Data Retention
We store information on servers in Germany.
Serene uses a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. For example, we store the personal data you provide on computer systems that have limited access and are in controlled facilities. Because of the limitations of our systems, we do not have standardized retention policies. We try to delete or identify data when we no longer require it.
2.6 Access, Correction & Deletion
You can delete your data by just click reset data.
If you have any concerns or complaints about your privacy please contact us by:
Sending a written request to our Privacy Officer by e-mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our Privacy Officer will respond to your complaint within a reasonable time after we receive it, provided you supply return contact details. If you do not provide return contact details, we will be unable to respond to your complaint, although we will consider its content.
4. Updates to this Policy